Logan is playing in his crib just before MOPS on Friday morning in this picture. He is really digging the Fisher Price Aquarium toy. It plays some songs, and fish and seahorses move around, and there are bubbles. I had to change the battery because the songs were starting to sound very sad! :O Logan is sporting a beautiful outfit from Aunt Sherry. He looks especially like a big boy in this outfit because it is actually a T shirt and not a onesie. Logan had to dress warmly because it has been especially cold lately! His green cords keep him nice and warm!I haven't purposely been ignoring our blog. Its just been a busy time.
First off, our washer starting leaking. I should say GUSHING. During a extra large cycle, of course. When I was just about to walk out the door for directing a wedding rehearsal. Wonderful! Luckily, Pod was sleeping on the bed and slept through the entire ordeal. Even more lucky was that Tawnya was babysitting, and she more than capably helped me deal with the entire issue. :P The best thing Tawnya said was, "Do you have a shopvac?". Amen! The silly thing is that I am *sure* I would not have thought to go get the shopvac and suck up the water if she hadn't mentioned it! :O As it was, I am thankful to have a linen closet full of towels; all of which we used to clean up the mess (in addition to the shopvac). Now all the towels are laying out to dry in the backyard. They look pretty hilarious, actually. To have the contents of your linen closet spread out in your back yard! ;)
So, that was yesterday (Friday). The day started out normal enough. We went to MOPS, then to the grand opening of the Babies R Us store out East. After that, Logan napped and then it was time to go off to the wedding rehearsal when disaster struck. I cannot believe how much water a washing machine holds. Ug. Another thing to be thankful for is that I happened to catch it just as it started leaking, so our carpet was not ruined. Russ looked at the washer today and decided it was toast, so tomorrow we go washing machine shopping! :O

Yesterday night, we celebrated Julian's 1st birthday! :) Julian had quite a showing at his party. He is one popular (and super cute!!) boy! :) We enjoyed ourselves until Logan got tired and cranked out, and then we were off home!Today was another busy day. Daddy watched Pod while Mama received a much-needed massage. Then, Mama was off to direct a wedding. The wedding went smoothly, and all of the wedding party and guests were very nice. This is something, as it is not always the case. Daddy brought Logan to visit and snack at church in order to get out of the house and help out.
The rest of our evening has been low key. Dad watched football, Mom watched Logan, and in general we rested. :) On a sad note... it appears Logan is teething again! :O It looks like the teeth on either side of his top front teeth are coming in. :( Here comes the tylenol!




No comments:
Post a Comment