Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 30, 2007

Boink!

Poor neon got hit yesterday. It was very scary actually, because Russ and I were talking on the phone when it happened. Russ was on his way home from work. What a sick sound that "crunch" is when you hear it on a cell and you know what it means. Thankfully, Russ was fine. Actually, lucky for us, the car is fine. Because the neon is ancient and on its way out, we have no collision, so if it gets crushed, that is it. End of the road!!! Amazingly, you can barely tell the neon was hit. The license plate is a bit mangled, but other than that there is no damage. Russ and I are always talking about how much we hate those car insurance commercials where the people get in a car accident. That is what the sound on the phone (the crunch) reminded me of. This was one time when I was thankful to hear expletives. The alternative is much scarier... ! :( :O

The neon is at 133,000 miles (woo HOO!), the explorer is at 125,000 miles, and the PT just barely rolled over 30,000 miles. 33,000, I think. :) We love cars that are paid off! :) I can't believe the neon was new in 1996... :)

This picture was actually taken on February 12 with my phone, when I thought it was THE END for the neon and instead it ended up being the gear shifter (and not the transmission as we had feared!). The picture was taken outside the car repair shop that we go to.

Speaking of cars, we have seen some fun license plates lately. "4X4IS16" and "TOTORO" are favorites! :)

No comments: