Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 20, 2006

Hiking

Logan and I went on our first hike today! We went to Wind Cave Trail which is 3 miles round trip. Normally, this would be a breeze, but it was just the kind of hike I needed to get back into hiking, especially now that all dayhikes are effectively a backpacking expedition with Kiddo in the pack! :) Logan and I went with Polly and Elias from Doris' Moms group. We had an excellent time! :) The weather was perfect. I am glad that I brought diapers and the changing pad (and an extra outfit!!) as Mr. Logan B had a blowout near our destination (the "cave"). Hiking in general was pretty uneventful (for us), but there was a helicopter evacuation of a fallen hiker. I find it somewhat odd as the trail is not high really, but then again I guess you can fall anywhere. It took away somewhat from the wilderness aspect with all the firemen, policeman, the helicopter, fire engines, ambulance, etc., but we did hear from the Sheriff that the hiker was okay.

Logopod continues to suffer from teething. His right front tooth is partially broken through the gums. We should have a tooth tomorrow!! :) And the left front tooth is likely not far behind! Logan had two doses of tylenol today to ease his teething pain. :( Poor guy. Teething has disrupted his sleep schedule. Naptimes have been tough. Logan is so tired, but he is uncomfortable so he has trouble falling asleep. Pod didn't fall asleep until 4 pm today (!!!), and he is still sleeping now. We hope he wakes up soon so we can give him his bath!

No comments: